I am typically always on the go, so I choose to drink my smoothies from a glass since it is fastest. However, this summer I decided to swap the glass for a bowl and try out smoothie bowls all summer long! So get prepared for lots of new smoothie bowl recipes to come your way!So far I am loving smoothie bowls and everything about them, including that they look beautiful and can be dolled up with any toppings that you desire. Here is one of my favourite bowls so far!
Ingredients: (makes 2 smoothie bowls – depending on bowl size)
- 1 organic banana
- 1 cup frozen organic berries (I used a combination of frozen blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 2 spoonfuls of vanilla greek yoghurt
- 1 handful of ice
- Enough water to blend everything together, but still keep it a thick consistency (a little over a 1/2 cup)
- Toppings: puffed quinoa, chopped walnuts and chia seeds
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a high speed blender.
- Scoop into two bowls and top with desired toppings.