This insanely good, wonderfully moist and gooey dessert bread is definitely a crowd pleaser! As an added bonus this is a ONE BOWL recipe and is also GLUTEN FREE! This was my first attempt at making bread that was not the usual banana bread or chocolate almond bread, and it turned out to be one of my favorites (and not only because there were far fewer dishes to do at the end)!
This bread keeps SO WELL, just covered on the counter, staying perfectly moist and delicious, not drying out or becoming somewhat hard like other baked goods. The pumpkin in combination with the nutmeg and cinnamon make the bread resemble a carrot-cake in a way, yet also has a rich chocolaty flavor from the added chocolate chips.
Give it a try, I know you’ll LOVE IT!!
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal (or almond flour)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (1 15.5 oz. can)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup raw cane sugar (or ½ cup raw honey and ¼ cup maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (I used mini vegan chipits)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan, or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix till evenly combined.
- Add in the flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix until evenly combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour into the lined loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with walnuts.
SHOP THE NON-PERISHABLE GOODS IN THIS RECIPE: