This super delicious treat packs a punch in both the protein and fibre department! Filled with greek yoghurt, eggs and oats (all three are protein loaded) these muffins are perfect for after a workout or on-the-go for a snack that will keep you satisfied and energized! There is NO OIL, NO BUTTER and NO FLOUR!! I know what you are probably thinking…how could these muffins possibly be so delicious when they are lacking the most common muffin ingredients!? Well, the greek yoghurt causes them to be really moist and lovely, the large chocolate chunks add a wonderful bit of sweetness to every bite and the banana adds a delicious subtle banana flavour! Almost like chocolate banana bread, but in muffin cups! SO GOOD!
- 1 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks (or regular chocolate chips)
- OPTIONAL: Chipits for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Prepare a muffin pan by spraying the holes with PAM, or by lining them with paper liner cups. **If using the paper liners make sure to spray them with cooking spray since the lack of oil will make the muffins stick to the liners after baking.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chunks, to a food processor or high speed blender. Blend on high until evenly combined and smooth. Pour the chocolate chunks into the batter and and stir in by hand.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups. If you like, you can sprinkle more chocolate chips over the top of each muffin (for those chocaholics 🙂 ).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick that is inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for around 10 minutes. Store in an air-tight container, if not eaten right away.