This tasty bark is perfect for sprinkling on top of some homemade ice cream, tossing into your oatmeal, or indulging on when you are in need of something sweet! It is made up of simple and easy to get a hold of ingredients that work perfectly together to bring you a delicious chocolatey bark!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp black molasses
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp non dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 /2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- a dash of salt
- Optional: vegan or regular chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 F and line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all of the ingredients, except for the cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, cayenne and salt together in a bowl. Stirring well so that there are no lumps of clumps.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients, and mix well until you have an even mixture.
- Pour your mixture evenly onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let them cool before breaking your bark into pieces (I used a pizza cutter to cut my pieces up so they were of a more uniform size, but do whatever you like best!)