This light, fresh and delicious dessert is perfect for a long day spent basking in the beautiful sunshine of summer! Not only are peaches in season right now, but put into a warm cobbler and baked for 45 minutes…they are incredible! This recipe is very straight forwards, and my version of what a cobbler should be, goey, sweet, fresh and with a crisp topping that you can dig your spoon right into.
Fresh peaches from the Farmers Market ready to be made into cobbler!
- 5-6 ripe peaches
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a saucepan combine the filling ingredients. Mix well, and bring to a boil. Then, let simmer for around 10 minutes.
- While your filling in simmering, in a bowl combine your topping ingredients, except for the oats.
- Mix the topping ingredients together until nicely combined. Lastly, add the oats and stir.
- Pour filling into greased oven safe ramekins (or you could use a pie dish, square pan, etc).
- Place the topping, in small spoonfuls, ontop of the filling (remember that it will rise in the oven, and spread to cover the entire surface of the ramekin).
- Pop them into the oven on a lined baking sheet (just incase some does happen to spill over) and bake for 40-45 minutes. This oven time will depend on your size of pan, ramekin, or dish.
- Remove from oven once golden and crisp, and top with whatever you desire! (My favourite is coconut cream or vegan ice cream – recipe under the dessert section)