These DELICIOUS fritters are light, nutritious and gluten free! Cauliflower is my favourite base to use in lunches and dinners as a substitute for flour, pasta, rice and other heavy carbs. Why is this you may be wondering? Because after eating cauliflower you feel light, bloat-free and energized as opposed to after a heavy pasta or flour loaded dish where that bloated, lethargic and overly full feeling creeps in shortly after indulging. ALSO there are so many vitamins, nutrients and fibre packed into one cauliflower its incredible, and not to mention that one head of cauliflower is less than 100 calories! How amazing is that!? 🙂
- 2 small heads of cauliflower (roughly 6 cups of chopped florets, washed)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 4 tsp olive oil
- dash of pepper
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender (able to be easily chopped through with your fork). Drain and quickly rinse under cold water, this stops the cauliflower from cooking.
- Then, chop the cauliflower into small pieces, or add to your food processor for a finer cauliflower fritter (less large pieces).
- Combine the cauliflower, panko crumbs, almond meal, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley and pepper. Next, add your water so that the batter thickens up to become a little bit more dense than pancakes batter.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add a small amount of coconut oil or olive oil. Pour small circles of the batter onto the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Take off of heat and place onto plate.