Looking for that 10 minute dinner that you can quickly throw together to please everyone, that is both healthy and delicious? Here you have it! A delicious, colourful, and gluten free meal! Not only is it beautiful to look at, due to all of the colours that make up the dish, yet it is also FULL of protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Shrimp is an excellent source of the antioxidant mineral selenium, a very good source of copper, as well as is very low on the Glycemic Index. Shrimp is also high in vitamin B12, protein, phosphorus, choline and iodine, therefore providing an excellent source of these nutrients. With only 7 calories per shrimp, it is also very beneficial or those who are wanting to decrease their daily caloric intake, meanwhile maintain a healthy diet.
Low Calorie ✔
High in Protein ✔
High Fibre ✔
ONLY 10 minutes to make ✔
Gluten Free ✔
Easily made VEGAN ✔ (just remove the shrimp)
Makes 4 servings
- 3 large Organic Zucchini
- 1 cup Frozen Organic Peas
- 1 cup Frozen Organic Corn
- 1 cup Frozen Shrimp (I like mine with out the shells)
- 4 cups Organic Baby Spinach
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- Chili Powder (to taste)
- Heat a wok or large pan on medium heat and add the shrimps . Once they are warm (after about 5 minutes) add garlic salt and crushed red pepper flakes to the wok/pan. Add a few teaspoons of water so that the shrimp do not stick to the pan and so that the powder and flakes make a paste.
- While waiting for the shrimps to cook, spiralize your three zucchinis, after they have been thoroughly washed.
- When the shrimps are cooked fully, add the spiralled zucchini to the wok/pan. Then, add the baby spinach.
- Lastly, add the rest of the ingredients, including the chilli powder once the spinach has wilted. Stir altogether, until nicely combined and evenly heated.
- Remove from heat and place into four bowls.