Hands down DELICIOUS! With a bowl of this thick, chocolatey perfection I don’t know how my day could possibly get ANY better!! This homemade Nutella recipe only has 6 INGREDIENTS, and all are ones in which you would most likely already have in your cupboards! It is the perfect alternative to regular Nutella, which is packed full of sugar, oil, and artificial flavour!! Don’t need those bad ingredients in my body, taking a toll on my health or my mood, NO WAY! Opt for this delicious alternative, which you can feel much better indulging in by the spoonful (not that I would ever do that!! 🙂 ) It also makes an incredible dip for fruits or cookies, frosting for cakes or brownies, and a sweet treat when that 3pm craving rolls around!
- 1.5 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- Lay your hazelnuts out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and pop into the over at 400F for 10 minutes. Make sure to check them after 5 and toss them around a little, and DO NOT let them burn!
- Leave your hazelnuts to cool for about 5 minutes and then start rubbing them so that the shells/outer layer comes nicely off.
- Leave the unshelled hazelnuts to cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until nicely combined. You may want to play around with how much milk or sweetener you want to add, its up to you!