Looking for a rich, creamy and mousse like dessert without the heavy calorie count, sugar and cream that comes along with it? Well, then this dessert is for you!! This was a complete experiment of different ingredients, which consisted of throwing different healthy ingredients into the food processor, hoping for a creamy outcome and IT WORKED PERFECTLY! The bottom layer is very chocolatey, rich and mousse-like, meanwhile the top is a soft homemade chocolate layer.. the two layers work so well together! I whipped up this dessert in the middle of midterm season for a close friend and happy to say she loved it!
I preferred to eat this dessert only lightly chilled, so then it was nice and mousse-like, however if you want it a little harder, you can easily eat it right when it comes out of the freezer. I recommend waiting 10-20 minutes for it to get a little cooler than room temperature before indulging, but try it out for yourself! 🙂
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raw peanuts
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 2 cups organic pitted dates
- 3 tbsp organic coca powder
- 2 tbsp water (or more)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Top Layer (Homemade Vegan Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1. Add all of the bottom layer ingredients to your food processor (except the water) until everything is finely ground. Then add the water to combine it all together into a dough-like consistency.
2. Scoop out in to a lines loaf pan or 8×8 inch square pan and put into the freezer while you make your chocolate topping.
3. Combine all of the top layer ingredients and pour evenly over the bottom layer. Place the entire dessert into the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours.