WOW! This experiment of a dessert turned out to BE INCREDIBLE! As well as was a huge hit with friends and neighbours! There is crunchiness, creaminess, richness and DELICIOUSNESS!! 🙂 So incredibly pleased with how this creation turned out, I cannot wait to share with you the recipe. Not only are there only basic ingredients involved, but also it takes all of 10 minutes to prepare! UNBELIEVABLE!! Try not to eat it all at once 😉
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cup brown rice cereal
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed (meal)
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups dark chocolate (can be sugar free)
1. In a sauce pan on low heat, combine the maple syrup and peanut butter. Heat for between 1-2 minutes, until the peanut butter is dissolved, stirring continuously.
2. Remove mixture from heat and add in brown rice cereal, oats, cocoa powder and ground flax seed. Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients together, then press into a 8X8 square pan that is lined with parchment paper.
3. Put coconut into food processor to blend into a powder and then paste. Next, add coconut oil and honey. Thoroughly mix together and spread over the bottom layer.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in either a double boiler or microwave, and pour over the middle layer.
5. Let the dessert cool (to let the chocolate set) then refrigerate for 20 minutes. The chocolate should be hard, but not to hard that it brakes when you cut it.
6. Store in the refrigerator (if you can resist not eating it all at once)!