This was my first attempt at ever making soup and let me tell you… it was DELICIOUS! The perfect meal to cuddle up with this chilly season, being nice and heard, while creamy, and sweet at the same time! I must say though, it did take a little longer to prepare than I had expected it to, but in the end was DEFINITELY worth it! The part that took the most amount of time was chopping everything up, but if you have more than one set of hands it would be quick and easy.
This soup is packed with tons of vitamins, antioxidants, beta-carotene, selenium and has cardio protective benefits! SO EAT UP!
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 10 french shallots (diced)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 2 knobs ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2 chilles (chopped and seeds removed)
- 1 bunch coriander (chopped)
- 300 mL organic coconut milk (save some cream on top for garnish)
- 1 L low sodium vegetable stock
- pepper to taste
1. Sauté the shallots, garlic, ginger, chill and coriander in coconut oil in a Wok or large pan.
2. Add the diced sweet potato and cook for around 10 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to a broil. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, then bring to a broil. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Once the ingredients are tender, blend all together with a food processor or handheld mixer (what I used). I took little bowl fulls at a time and blended them and then mixed them all together in one large bowl (because my mixer couldn’t blend all the ingredients together at the same time).
6. Pour into bowls and garnish with coconut milk and coriander.
If you give this perfect-for-fall soup a try, I would love to know what you think!
Any comments or questions? I would love to hear from you! 🙂
SHOP THE NON-PERISHABLE GOODS IN THIS RECIPE: