WARNING!! If you are looking for a chocolatey, fat free, healthy, gluten free, and incredibly rich and delicious pie…..then this is FOR YOU! This chocolate fudge pie includes very simple ingredients and is INCREDIBLY QUICK TO MAKE (under 10 min)!
This is one of the best pies I have made yet, it was a huge success with the family! There is tofu in this recipe, which may scare you off or make you turn up your nose, since tofu isn’t typically an ingredient in desserts, but TRUST ME…you cannot even taste the tofu, it is overpowered by the chocolate flavour and it adds a smooth and creamy texture to the pie.
Give this a try for a healthy version a rich chocolate pie that you can enjoy 100% guilt free!
- 1 pack of silken tofu
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 8 to 10 oz. chocolate chips (can use sugar free is desired)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- OPTIONAL: can use liqueurs or flavouring if desired, I like adding cointreau or baileys
1. Melt the chocolate chips in either the microwave or in a double boiler.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until very smooth. You don’t want a chunk of plain tofu in your pie, so make sure it is nice and smooth.
3. You can either put the pie into a pie crust, or have it crustless. I prefer the crust, so I combined 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs with a few tbsp of coconut oil and moulded the combination into the pie mould with my fingers.
4. Pour the pie filling into the crust and refrigerate immediately. The pie gets firmer the longer it is in the fridge for, so for a very firm pie, leave in the fridge for a number of hours.