Looking for the most delicious, rich and creamy chocolate pie that has an incredible cookie crust? Well look no further than this ultimate delicious and flavourful pie!The recipe is very simple and takes next to no time to whip up! So once again..the ultimate pie!
You may be skeptical about the avocado that is in it, but trust me you cannot taste it AT ALL! It just makes for a thick and creamy filling! TAKE THE AVOCADO RISK AND I AM SURE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! 🙂
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp honey (vegans can use agave)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Baileys or Kahlua or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
1. Toast coconut in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden. Reserve 1/2 cup of toasted coconut and set it aside. Combine 1 1/2 cups of toasted coconut, melted coconut oil, almond flour and 1 tbsp honey in a large bowl. Press into and up the sides of a pie plate once it is thoroughly mixed together. Set aside.
Add the avocados, maple syrup, cocoa, Kahlua, coconut milk to the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
If your food processor is small then blend all together in a bowl first and transfer small amounts at a time to be blended and then put in a new bowl for the thoroughly smooth and combined mixture. Spoon into the pie shell.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of toasted coconut.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving you could also drizzle it with chocolate or sliced banana!