These crispy, sweet fries are a delicious snack or side to a meal! The sweet potato gets deliciously sweet after being put into the oven, caramelizing the sugars and creating the most delicious snack! These fries are INCREDIBLY EASY TO MAKE and you can creat any flavour you wish, just by simply adding the seasoning or topping to the raw sweet potatoes before popping them into the oven 🙂
My absolute favourite sweet potato fry combination is with Jerk seasoning and coconut oil, however unfortunately I just run out of jerk seasoning, but this combination below is was delicious as well!!
- 1 large sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into long, fry-like, strands. Try to make them all as similar in size as you can, for even cooking.
2. Toss the fries with the seasoning, oil and salt. I would recommend using your hands to evenly coat each fry.
3. Lay them out on a baking sheet or two. Be sure to make sure that they all lay flat and are evenly dispersed along the baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 16 minutes, flipping after 8 minutes. The fries should be crispy and starting to brown when they are ready!
I love to hear feedback or comments, please like, comment or email! I would love to hear what you think 🙂