This incredible dessert is perfect for topping cupcakes, cakes, brownies, you name it, or for just eating on its own! It is really fast and simple to make as well as tastes amazing!! The BEST part of all though…..is that this recipe is gluten free, lactose free, sugar free vegan friendly AND is not under the naughty treats section, so you can indulge to your hearts content!! There are ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS and only requires one bowl and a fork to combine…I could no think of a more simple recipe for such a delicious dessert!
For all of those who do not like chocolate you do not have to add the cocoa powder, instead you could add ground coconut flakes for a coconut frosting, or coconut mousse! You could play around with the flavours of this treat easily by just switching up some ingredients.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: sweetener or choice to taste
- Open your coconut milk or coconut cream and if it is not already super thick, pour into a bowl and leave uncovered in the fridge overnight (so that it thickens up!).
- Once it is thick, pour only the creamy part into a bowl (leave the watery part out for this).
- Whip in your cocoa powder, vanilla and sweetener with a fork. You could use beaters if you like, but a fork works fine!
- Scoop into cups, ice cupcakes…do whatever you like with this delicious dessert! I scooped some into a glass and topped it with cocoa nibs and it was perfect!
If it is not as thick as you would like, you could always put it into the fridge to get even thicker!
I would love to hear any feedback or comments you have on this! And let me know if you try it, how you like it!