These adorable cupcakes were made to celebrate a special occasion for one of my sisters (who is obsessed with hedgehogs)! They were quick and fun to make. The cupcake bottom is a deliciously rich, chocolatey and healthy cupcake, meanwhile the top is fondant that I cut and coloured to look like little hedgehogs! These are great to make for a special occasion and can be topped with anything from healthy chocolate frosting to melted dark chocolate to fondant, like I did!
- 1 (14 oz.) can organic black beans
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- Drain and rinse the black beans thoroughly.
- In a blender combine the black beans, eggs, agave syrup, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean!
I would love to hear any feedback or comments you have! Please let me know how this turned out when you made it at home! Love to hear back from you!