These delicious, chewy, chocolatey nutritious brownies are sure to please even the toughest crowd. They were a huge hit last night with my family and friends and trust me…it is rare that they ALL enjoy a heathy dessert recipe! These brownies are full of healthy fats, protein, fibre and antioxidants and to be honest were made just by throwing whatever I could get my hands on into the food processor and seeing where is ended up from there! Overjoyed to say that this creation is delectable and will most definitely be made again soon since it has all disappeared already! It takes all of about 10 minutes or less to make and you most likely will already have all of the ingredients in your cupboard and refrigerator. These brownies are amazing and the best part is they are 100% guilt free!
Equipment: Food processor
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
1. Blend all of the nuts together first in the food processor and then add all of the other ingredients, leaving out the chocolate and the milk.
2. Press the mixture firmly into a bowl or lined baking tin. I used a spoon the pack it down, but chose a bowl size that left some room above the mixture for the chocolate layer.
3. Melt together the chocolate and milk. Pour evenly over the mixture and put in the freezer for about an hour.
4. Cut up into slices and enjoy!