This rich and delicious dessert was inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie’s Blog. It is a delicious blend of chocolatey goodness that is sure to cure any chocolate craving and satisfy any sweet tooth! It is a simple and easy recipe that will not take you very long to make and the good news is there is no waiting for it to come out of the oven because instead it goes into the freezer and can be quickly devoured. It is a delicious, sweet, chewy and sugar free dessert that tastes just like an actual eatmore bar, but even better because it is topped with fudge!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond, unsalted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, unsalted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup more unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp unpasteurized honey (or agave for vegans)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Put dates in a bowl of warm water and allow them to soak for 30 minutes, then drain them.
2. Mix together the dates, almonds, walnuts and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a food processor until well blended.
3. Spread the mixture in a 9X5 baking pan (or an 8X8) until evenly distributed, and press down gently with your fingers to evenly cover the bottom of the baking pan.
4. Mix together the bananas, almond butter, honey, maple syrup and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the food processor until it is well blended.
5. Spread mixture over bottom layer until it is evenly distributed. Then place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Refreeze whatever you do not eat and enjoy it at a later date!