These yummy bite sized cakes are packed with flavour and fibre. They are incredibly simple and quick to make and never disappoint. Being small in size and full of flavour these are great for on the go lunches or for a snack!
- muffin tin (either mini or regular sized)
- cheese grater
- 1 bowl
- muffin cups
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with muffin cups. I found that when sprayed they sometimes stuck so the tin, so I now use the cups.
- Chop up your spinach and garlic into small pieces.
3. In a medium sized bowl mix the warm quinoa with the cheese to melt the cheese. Add the egg whites, garlic, salt and spinach leaves and stir to combine.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. The tops should be a little bit hard and golden.