These are a delicious light breakfast that keep you going until lunch time and don’t make you feel bloated and overly full, like regular pancakes might do! They take only about 10 minutes to make and cook, and about 30 seconds to devour. I made a berry sauce with the remaining apple juice from the shredded apple along with frozen berries.
- frying pan
- small pot with lid
- 1 apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- Grate an apple with a cheese grater, skin included.
- Crack two eggs and put them into a bowl and whip up with a fork.
- Squeeze out grated up apple to remove juice from the pulp, and then put the pulp in the bowl with the eggs.
- Put squeezed out apple juice into the small pan, and combine it with the half cup of berries. Heat up on medium to medium low and cover with pot lid.
- Stir together the eggs and apple pulp as well as add cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into frying pan that is lightly coated with a small amount of olive or coconut oil. Pour into small circles and leave on medium heat for roughly 4 minutes.
- Leave the berries until they have reduced into a sauce and continuously stir.
- Flip the pancake, it should be golden brown in colour when cooked.